Covid 19 Update
- 3.16.20: The president requested discretionary travel stop for 15 days
- 3.19.20: Okaloosa County closed beaches until 4.30.20 (Destin West Heron Private Beach remained open)
- 3.20.20: Blu's HOA closed the pool and gym area
- 3.24.20: Okaloosa County closed private beaches until 4.30.20
What Remains Open: (Everything is subject to change rapidly)
- Grocery and liquor stores
- Take out at many restaurants
- Pools at Azure, Destin West, and Waterscape
Can I Buy Insurance for my Trip?
- You may buy trip insurance on our website when you check out that will cover you for 60% of your total cost if you "cancel for any reason" including Covid 19. This must be purchased within 14 days of your original booking date and cost 9.8% of the total booking fee. This coverage also covers traditional concerns such as trip interruption, hurricanes, and illness. Please consult the carrier Nationwide for details as we are simply facilitating access. This is a LINK to their benefit summary. According to the summary you can cancel up to 3 days prior to arrival.
What is Destin West Escapes Trip Assurance policy?
- A combined insurance and refund solution to protect 100% of your travel cost payable to Destin West Escapes, LLC.
What must occur to exercise the Trip Assurance Policy should I need to do so?
- A paid insurance claim must be exercised during 2020 under the "cancel for any reason" policy in this insurance contract
- DWE 40% payment requires the beach be closed by state or local officials "or" travel into the state of FL be prohibited by the FL governor due to Covid 19 on your scheduled date of arrival after 4.30.20 for the balance of 2020.