Covid 19 Update
Short Term Rentals are allowed in Okaloosa County and the beaches are open!
What is Open?
- Restaurants at 50% capacity inside and 100% capacity outside
- Beaches and pools
- Rentals like (fishing, pontoons, & parasailing) to name a few
Can I Buy Insurance for my Trip?
- You may buy trip insurance on our website when you check out that will cover you for 60% of your total cost if you "cancel for any reason" (CFAR) including Covid 19
- This coverage is only available if your scheduled arrival is 30 days or more from your booking date
- The cost is 9.8% of the total booking fee
- This coverage also includes traditional concerns such as trip interruption, hurricanes, and illness
- Please consult the carrier Nationwide for details as we are simply facilitating access, this is a LINK to their benefit summary, and this LINK will show all the common fully covered items as well!
What is Destin West Escapes Trip Assurance policy?
- A combined insurance and future credit solution to protect 100% of your travel cost payable to Destin West Escapes, LLC.
What must occur to exercise the Trip Assurance Policy should I need to do so?
- DWE future credit requires the beach be closed by state or local officials "or" vacation rentals in the state of FL be prohibited by the FL governor due to Covid 19 on your scheduled date of arrival
- This is not valid if you are in town on "non-vacation related commercial reasons" and approved/allowed to stay by local or state government
- DWE will provide a 40% credit toward the cost of future travel taken within 12 months of the beach "or" short term rentals being reopened
What if "CFAR" insurance was not available because I booked prior to April 2020 or within 30 days of arrival?
- DWE will provide a 100% credit toward the cost of future travel taken within 12 months of the beach "or" short term rentals being reopened.