Heron 601 - Destin West Beach & Bayside Heron 601: 2,417 Square Ft / 4 Bedrooms / Huge Lazy River / 100% Updated 2022!
Size –4 Bedrooms • 3 Bathrooms 3 Baths • Sleeps 1-12
Destin West Escapes is proud to present Heron 601 at Destin West Beach & Bay Resort!
With more than a decade of experience on Okaloosa Island and six unique offerings DWE looks forward to being a small part of your family creating life long memories!
Heron 601 is one of the largest condominium units on Okaloosa Island and provides outstanding views of the bay and the boardwalk / beach especially fantastic for watching fireworks! DWE, also manages Heron L01 directly below this unit combined they sleep 24!
(2416 Square FT heated / cooled & 630 Square FT Balcony)!
WHAT MAKES HERON 601 UNIQUE?
- NEW 2022: Beds - 4 King Size!
- NEW 2022: Quartz in the kitchen
- NEW 2022: 70" Smart TV
- NEW 2022: 4th bedroom with door
- NO CARPET: 100% Luxury Vinyl Plank!
- BOAT SLIP: 26' boat slip available for additional charge directly behind the complex on our private marina!
- NEW 2022: Three new King size mattresses (Memory foam w/cool gel)
- NEW 2022: 3 Twin trundles with memory foam mattresses
- NEW 2022: Two full size sofas, w/four built in recliners
- NEW 2022: Paint
- NEW 2022: Two new HVAC systems
- DIRECT VIEWS: The bay is just feet away with the added touch of ocean views from the second master balcony and main balcony!
- PRIVACY: Most private corner stack in the Heron building!
- HUGE: Largest condo on the island, 2,416 square feet heated and cooled!
- THREE BATHROOMS: Only 10 rentals with 3+ bathrooms @ Destin West!
- HERON BUILDING: Closest of the two upscale complexes to beach walkover!
- LAZY RIVER: Largest in the Destin area for a condo at 700 feet
- TV’S: 5 Total Smart TV's - 70" 4K in the main living space
- 12 IN BEDS: 4 King beds; 3 Twin trundle; and 1 twin sleeper sofa
- END UNIT: We only share one wall with another unit!
- DEADBOLT LATCH: High so small children can't open the door and escape!
- FULL SIZE: Washer & Dryer in the laundry room
WHAT MAKES 601 SPECIAL?
This is the largest floorplan in the closest building to the beach walkover located on the bay where all the action is at Destin West Beach and Bay Resort. From the six floor you will capture wonderful views of the bay and the beach including beautiful sunsets and the fireworks show every Wednesday night at 9 PM from Memorial day till mid August, with special shows on Halloween and New Years Eve!
Our two Heron units are the only four bedroom condo's on the island that have four king beds and sleep 12! Everyone will appreciate the all new floors, added fourth bedroom, new TV's, and new mattresses that will enhance your family vacation! It will be difficult to choose between Heron L01 (VRBO #745692 --- 4.9/5 Star Review) & Heron 601, the views are a huge part of the this realization, if you are looking to relax on the balcony and watch the myriad of boats and activity in the bay it is difficult to beat this unit!
We are within a quarter mile of the Gulfarium Aquarium, eight restaurants, the convention center, a 4-mile stretch of undeveloped beach, boat/jet ski rental next door, and the brand-new entertainment complex known as Wild Willy’s. These attractions can be easily walked to from our unit! Not to mention you will be less than five miles to the Destin harbor & Downtown FWB with tons of additional restaurants (35+).
Destin West offers the best combination of location and amenities on Okaloosa Island or Destin. Our 700-foot lazy river is easily three times the size of the next closest in the area! As far as amenities go the jewels of the resort are located on the bay! The 700-foot lazy river is fantastic along with two expansive hot tubs, a huge zero entry pool, private heated (when necessary) pool just for Heron guest, and another large heated pool (when necessary) complete with a waterfall between the two hot tub areas! On top of this, you can go fishing right off the private pier!
The beachside is also wonderful with a gym, large swimming pool, hot tub, and of course the beach. Both sides can be accessed using the walk over preventing any need to get in a car or walk across a road. The walk from our unit takes approximately 7 minutes to reach the beach.
SCOOP ON DESTIN WEST BEACH AND BAY RESORT:
The gulf side was completed in 2002, the original developer finishes are simple with basic tile, no granite, and small choppy floor plans. The largest gulf-side unit is 1279 SQFT H&C (1475 total). As an owner in multiple buildings along the beach, I encourage folks to consider Waterscape if being on the beach is primary, but you are also looking for awesome pool amenities.
On the bay side of Destin West, we have the other four main buildings: Heron, Osprey, Pelican, and Sandpiper. Both Heron and Osprey are located directly on the bay, these units’ range in size from 1567 SQFT H&C (1790 total) to mine at 2416 SQFT H&C (3824 total) and were completed in 2006. Heron also is the closer of the two to the beach walkover.
The units in the Sandpiper and Pelican building offer smaller and less costly accommodations. These were completed in 2004. The standard developer finishes are slightly better than the gulf side but are not as well done as Heron or Osprey. They are also smaller @ 1270 SQFT H&C (1395 total) being the largest 3-bedroom unit.
*****SPECIAL NOTES ON GUIDLINES FOR LENGTHS OF STAYS FOR DIFFERENT TIMES OF YEAR*****
(SOFTWARE ERRORS DO OCCUR - IF IT LOOKS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE E-MAIL PRIOR TO INSTANT BOOKING)
- From the first Saturday in March to the last Saturday in October guest stays must fall between a Saturday to Saturday and be at least 3 days or longer
- Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years week have minimum stay requirements two nights before and the night of the actual holiday stays not including these three nights can not occur the Saturday to Saturday before or after the holiday
- Snow bird season requires a minimum stay of 57 nights beginning January 2 and ending the first Saturday in March
**NEXT DOOR & ACROSS THE STREET**
* ROCKIN TACO: Walking distance great spot to eat directly on the beach
* THE BOARDWALK: Oceanfront dining, shopping, bars, live music, playground for the kids, and volleyball courts
* WILD WILLY’S ADVENTURE ZONE: Games, go-carts, 4d theatre, put/put golf, etc.!
* RICK'S ON THE ISLAND: Excellent gumbo with cheese grits instead of rice
* BOAT RENTALS: Fishing, Pontoon Boats, Kayaks, & Wave Runners
* OKALOOSA COUNTY PIER: Fishing tackle and pole rental
**ACTIVITIES (Short Drive away)**
* PUBLIX GROCERY: Store (1 mile)
* DOWNTOWN FORT WALTON HISTORIC DISTRICT: (1 mile)
* INDIAN TEMPLE MOUND MUSEUM: (1 mile)
* HARBOR WALK VILLAGE: Shopping, Dining, Fishing Charter, and Boat Rentals, (6 miles)
* AIR FORCE ARMANENT MUSEUM (7 Miles)
* BIG KAHUNAS WATER PARK: Water Slides (8 miles)
Downtown FWB: (Less than 1 mile away)
We love the vibe of downtown FWB. It is sort of like a college bar hits a gritty arts scene. They have about 15 restaurants that are all walkable. KC’s Sandbar usually has live music outside in the sand during season with solid wings and a huge beer selection. We love Taste for tapas. The Boardroom and Cowhead have great sandwiches, too! Alis Bistro is solid Italian with a nice happy hour. They also have food trucks, my wife loves Parlor Doughnuts. Maas coffee roasters has excellent coffee!
You should check for activities and festivals, too. The farmers market is the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month from 8 AM to 1 PM. Finally a bit past downtown in FWB is The Bavarian's Wirtshaus, this is an authentic German restaurant that our friend from Europe says is a close as it gets to the real deal.
Destin Area Restaurants: (6 to 8 miles away)
- Louisiana Lagniappe
- Donut Hole
**HOW DO I SEE YOUR OTHER UNITS? (Over 200 reviews 4.5+ out of 5 stars)**
Destin/Fort Walton Beach, FL: Waterscape: VRBO #318211 / BLU: VRBO 1683570 / Azure: VRBO #475054 / Destin West: VRBO #745692 & 2611564
****We strive to have the beach gear available however if the previous guest took or broke the gear it may not be available. Please alert us as we will replace when necessary and available at Sam’s Club. Additionally, please bring your own Xbox games and controller as we do not intend to replace the Xbox 360 as pieces go missing or broken.
**Please keep the login that is set up for Netflix and Disney Plus as it can not be logged into remotely. If someone has overridden the system we are not able to update during your stay, but you are welcome to use your own account.**
About the OwnerIt was always my mom's dream to own a condo in Fort Walton Beach. My wife and I adopted this dream and were fortunate to make it come true. We were blessed to be able to purchase units during the downturn in the market. After seeing this could actually become a business we started DESTIN WEST ESCAPES! Each year we improve on our ability to deliver a solid vacation experience for our guest. It is my sincere desire to be a small part of your families vacation memory making experience!
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
|Property Type||Condo in a condo on the 6th floor|
|Check-In||A keypad is available 24 hours a day to provide entry for guests|
|Setting & View||
|Sports & Adventure||
October 2023 - Fall Break 1
Sep 30, 2023 - Oct 6, 2023
October 2023 - Fall Break 2
Oct 7, 2023 - Oct 13, 2023
October 2023 - Fall Break 3
Oct 14, 2023 - Oct 20, 2023
October 2023 - 4
Oct 21, 2023 - Oct 27, 2023
Oct / Nov 2023
Oct 28, 2023 - Nov 3, 2023
Winter 2023 1.0
Nov 4, 2023 - Nov 16, 2023
|$185 - $250||$1,224 to $1,575||
Nov 21, 2023 - Nov 22, 2023
Dec 30, 2023 - Mar 1, 2024
|$250 - $425||$250 - $888||$1,251 to $1,706||
Sept (2) 2024
Sep 7, 2024 - Sep 13, 2024